Saturday, March 27, 2010

March 14, 2010 ALEX & ACCESS

WOW! What a great resource these two sights are. These are both great tools to help educate teachers and students. I love how Alabama has tools like this for their teachers. I think that may favorite part of ALEX was how simple it was to navigate through. You can create lesson plans watch and share podcasts, communicate with teachers all over the state, to share and learn new ideas. Alex seems to be a great support site for teachers, while ACCESS seems to be a great resource for students and teachers, which is also great in my opinion. I love how it offers different courses, and supports the proper learning and preparation for these tests and courses. The fact that it allows all students all over the state of Alabama to participate in this distant learning is amazing. ACCESS gives teachers and students both a great way to expand their learning, and learn in different ways other then just the typical classroom setting which is something that I feel is very important in today's society, but is lacking in many classrooms. Not all students learn the same and both ACCESS and ALEX gives teacher and students a way of being creative when it comes too learning and teaching. Brainstorming ideas is a great way to "step out of the box," which is what good, successful teachers and students need to do.

1 comment:

  1. I remember the first time I looked at the sites and realized the potential. I asked my wife and a couple of veteran teachers about it and they dismissed it saying they didn't really know much about that and have enough stuff to do!

    I think the attitude is very common, which only means that as a new and exciting teacher, I will have more resources and ability in certain areas than them. I have many opportunities, but the push for incorporating technology into schools puts anyone in EDM310 at an advantage.

    ReplyDelete