Thursday, April 1, 2010

April 3, 2010

It's amazing to me what the internet can to do bring people together! My heart was completely warmed by watching Kaia's video pictures and her reading the book back to another fellow students daughter! I've been concerned for a while, that me following different blogs, working on a PLN, and trying to further my educational resources was a failing attempt, but reading what Mr. Raisdana wrote about his daughters blog taking off re-established my faith in what I'm trying to accomplish as a future teacher, and that is to educate myself on so many different levels using the helpful advice from those all over the world. I am bewildered by the encouragement that a few voice threads and videos can re establish in a person! This truly was an inspiring blog too read and be a part of!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your comments and support. I hope to learn with you in the future. Sometimes we simple leave a blog comment and that is the last time we hear from that person,but really the idea is to build a community of like-minded learners. I saw that you are following me on Twitter too, so I will follow you back and see where we go.

    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Developing a community online can be difficult and frustrating. It works like developing friendships face to face. It takes time and effort to create these relationships. Just like having friends that you can count on when you need them, a PLN works the same way (when it works properly.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Alicia. You are so correct on this lifting your spirit about what we are doing. It is a way of adding culture in my eyes because networking has become its own entity. I think the internet is most helpful in getting to know people and keeping in touch with people you hardly see, like family in another state. Well put.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you. I think it is such a good idea for parents to get their kids to go outdoors and explore the world of nature. The both of them may find new hobbies. Education can be fun and this is an great example of it. GOOD POST!!!

    ReplyDelete